Email marketing for business the answer for low-cost, high ROI marketing!
Let’s face it, email marketing is cheap compared to other marketing mediums. Studies show that it can take between 3 to 20 contacts before someone purchases a product or service.
That means frequency of impressions is key, and frequency can cost a ton with traditional mediums. With email marketing, you can achieve frequency for next to nothing.
How can you effectively utilize email marketing and benefit from this low-cost, high ROI medium?
One reason email marketing is so effective is that people are asking you to market directly to them. They are opting in to your list to receive your marketing. Customers ASKING YOU to send them your advertisements … what could be more perfect?
The cost of email marketing?
Well, it’s the cost of your template, your 3rd party email service and the administrative cost to write, produce and send the emails. NO printing costs, NO postage costs, NO production costs.
Google Analytics and email analytics reports make it easy and quick to see exactly what your readers are interested in and what they are clicking through on. Testing is quick and easy with email marketing. Emails can be changed and tweaked to reflect your customers preferences and purchasing habits. This same type of testing is much more costly when applied to traditional mediums such as print ads, direct mail, radio, or TV.
Sending your existing customers-who have already purchased from you-specials and email reminders gives them a reason to return to your store or website. Staying in the front of your customers and prospects on a monthly or weekly basis is priceless. When customers and prospects customers see your email marketing on a consistent basis they are more likely to buy from you.
Why do I need a third party email marketing service?
There are lots of third party email services: Constant Contact, MailChimp, Aweber, iContact and many more. So there must be some reasons that businesses are using these services. Here’s the top 3:
- The CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003). This act requires that all email marketing contain:
- A subject line that clearly states the reason for the email.
- Accurate to, from and reply to information that clearly identifies the sending company.
- A full street mailing address so that one can send a unsubscribe request directly to a business via snail mail.
- An unsubscribe link, to make unsubscribing from emails easy and painless. And their email address must be unsubscribed from your list within 10 days.
- Your email must be clearly identified as an ad. You do have quite a bit of leeway on how to do this. It maybe as easy as a “about” paragraph at the bottom of your email.
- If you use a marketing company (like us) to send out your email blasts and newsletters, you’ll want a mutual access program, so you monitor what the marketing company is doing on your behalf.
A violation of these rules can result in fines of up to $16,000, per violation. Most 3rd party email marketing services cover #2, 3 and 4 automatically in the body of your email. It’s up to you to craft a catchy subject line which states the reason for your email, to identify your email as an advertisement in the way you see fit and monitor the company you’ve hired to handle your email marketing campaign.
- If you don’t use a third party service and send emails from your private email service, like Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook and if you get reported for spam your email address and domain maybe blacklisted and closed down with out notice. Getting your email address un-blacklisted take time and is problematic. Just think of all the administrative nightmares you would have if your email address suddenly disappeared. Also, if you have a large list, say 10,000 email addresses, sending emails from Gmail to all the addresses at once will take forever and really slow down your email servers.
- You can create some very sharp looking html email templates with a 3rd party email marketing service. Capture your potential customers fancy and imagination with an image heavy email marketing campaign that advertises your products or services for sale. Mobile email templates are available through 3rd party email services. And now with 50% of emails being opened on mobile devices, mobile responsive templates are becoming more and more important.
If you are not already doing so, we encourage you to add an effective email advertising strategy to your overall marketing plan. Also, if you are already using this method but would like to reap even more benefits, we can help.Contact us for assistance with your email marketing strategy. Clark Marketing Solutions is your expert email marketing source for email blasts, newsletters, and holiday e-cards. Please give us a call at 888-981-0076 for email marketing consultation.
Image courtesy of adamr / FreeDigitalPhotos.net